Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jan. 31st


Today my son had another therapy session for the umpteenth time. He has sensory processing disorder which causes him to be above the "norm" in everyday childhood activities, seeking out many different things to stimulate his senses. They normally thought him to be on the autistic spectrum because he doesn't talk and hasn't formulated any words. His therapist ruled out that option because it's the only symptom of autism that he has so far. His therapists name is Ellen and she tends to get on my nerves, primarily because my sons sessions are on Saturdays and that is the only day I get to spend with him alone. I will keep updating my sons progress and give a little bit more information on his disorder.

4 comments:

  1. your son is adorable!
    I'm really curious to learn more about him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is ridiculously cute! I'm curious to learn about him too. My boyfriends baby cousin Zoe has this problem too and they cant figure out why she wont talk and I definitely dont know why. So hopefully learning about your son will shed some light on Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great I can't wait to hear more about your son. I babysit a 3 year old with some similar trouble that your son is having-so I'm anxious to learn more about him and see what the thearpists are saying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful boy! I'm not sure if it's the same thing or not, but I'm doing a photo story on a kid who was kind of like this, more autistic I think, who got better after cutting wheat and glutten out of his diet. I'm not saying the boy was the same, but it would be interesting to see what similarities they have. Though with everything you do, I admire the strength you must have.

    ReplyDelete